- Begin with a clean vase. Fill with fresh water
- Always add flower food to the water, this feeds your flowers so they will live longer
- Remove the leaves below the water line. Clean water will hydrate and keep your flowers healthy
- Cut flower stems under water before placing them into the filled vase. Or remember the 5 second rule: cut in air and get into the water within 5 seconds.
- Flowers will live longer if not placed in direct sunlight, in a draft, near fruit, or on a TV
- Every fourth day recut the stems, and change the water and flower food
Flowers For Kids recommends having quality flower cutters in your kitchen